The biggest question I get from everybody is what do I have for breakfast now that I’m living this Primal lifestyle. I eat lots of eggs and I enjoy them. During the week it’s mainly scrambled with different variations of flavour and we probably go through five or six cartons of eggs a week. During the weekends I’m a big fan of a simple breakfast, ‘Poached Eggs & Bacon’. However the wife doesn’t share my constant love for eggs every single day, so when weekends come she usually tries other recipes.
This weekend since I’m still bed ridden she decided to make two different dishes, Paleo Grubs’ Grain-Free Raw Brownie Bites & Multiply Delicious’ Gluten-Free (Paleo) Carrot Muffins, seen above. The only change she made was instead of walnuts she used pistachios in the brownies.
I still had at least 4 poached eggs with my bacon!
- 8 Eggs, large
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- Remove eggs from fridge to bring to room temperature.
- Place a pot with some water on the stove bring to a boil, then reduce below simmer.
- Add splash of vinegar, approximately 1 tsp.
- Crack eggs and gently place into the simmering water one at a time, allowing a few seconds for the egg to coagulate before adding the next (swirl the water with spoon each time you crack an egg in).
- After approximately 4 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper to drain any excess water.
- Season and serve.