- 2 lbs Stewing Beef (grass-fed)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 c Beef Stock
- ½ c Cabernet Sauvignon or other Red Wine (optional, however it won’t be a Cabernet sauce)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves, peeled & smashed
- 2 Sprigs of Rosemary, removed from stem & fine chop
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Honey
- ½ tsp Pepper, freshly cracked
- ½ tsp Paprika
- Dash of Cloves
- 3 lg Carrots, sliced
- 3 Celery Stalks, chopped
- In a dutch oven over medium heat, brown meat in hot oil.
- Remove seared beef from dutch oven.
- Add onions and stir with a wooden spoon until caramelized, scraping up any bits.
- Deglaze with wine until almost evaporated (optional, however it won’t be a Cabernet sauce).
- Return beef to dutch oven.
- Add stock, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, sea salt, honey, pepper, paprika, and cloves.
- Cover and simmer 1 ½ hours.
- Add carrots and celery.
- Cover and cook 30 to 40 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.