Every once in a while I need a burger and this simple burger is another winner in my house. A tasty hamburger or is it an all-beef hotdog? Regardless it’s a dog that the girls in my house love. One of the wraps pictured here are made from Live (Sundried Tomato Wrap – carrots, flax seeds, sun-dried tomatoes, onion, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, sea salt).
- 2 lb of Grass fed beef
- 2 Onions, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Honey
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 8 strips Bacon
- 1 c Spring Mix Leaves
- 8 Wraps (Coconut or Sundried Tomato)
Preheat your grill.
- On medium heat, sauté onions in ghee until they start to caramelize.
- Stir in garlic for 30 seconds and remove from heat
- In a large bowl add onions, beef, honey and spices, then mix with hands.
- Divide into 8 portions and form into 7-8″ logs.
- Wrap bacon around each log.
- Cook on grill until all sides are properly seared and the bacon is cooked.
- Using wrap of choice, place choice of condiment (be it Caveman Ketchup or Mayonnaise), then Spring mix, and wrap.
- Bacon-Wrapped Portabella Bun Burgers (w/caramelized onions) (fastpaleo.com)