I stole this recipe from PaleoOMG and Oh my goodness it is definitely good, yet tastes sinful… I particularly enjoy adding the Strawberry-Tart Puree (found below) to balance out the sweetness of this delight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 3 Eggs, whisked
- ¼ c Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- ⅓ c Honey
- ½ c Dark Chocolate Chips (70% or greater)
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder, Unsweetened
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Puncture holes in the sweet potato and bake for 25-30 minutes, until tender and soft.
- Mix whisked eggs into the coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
- Mix coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt and chocolate chips.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and slowly add the wet ingredients while mixing.
- Pour into an 8″x8″ glass baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove stems from strawberries and mash up.
- Place strawberries in a pot on medium heat and add juice of one lemon (optional – you can also zest the lemon and add it to either the purée or some coconut cream to dollop on top).
- Reduce till the purée is almost a jelly consistency, then remove from heat.
- Let brownie cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice brownie and place on top of some of the purée.
- Add a dollop coconut cream (if you desire) and Serve.
Adapted in part or in whole from: Here
- Fit Chic Sweet Potato Brownies…. (fitchicla.net)