The spiciness of the chili with the flavour of the almond butter makes this protein rich dish a favourite in my household. Depending on your personal preference you might need to adjust the heat level.
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 4 Zucchini
- 1 Chicken Breast (boneless & skinless)
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1 Egg
- Carrot, shredded (optional)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Ginger, fresh & minced
- 3 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 Limes (1 for garnish)
- 12 Thai Basil Leaves, julienne
- Salt & Pepper
- handful Almonds, chopped
- 12 Grape Tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Slice your zucchini thin to form long noodle strands (a Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer is an excellent tool for making vegetable noodles, however a mandoline will work for this ).
- Chop chicken into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Mix together almond butter, cider vinegar, fish sauce, chili sauce and juice of 1 lime.
- Scramble egg in a bowl and place to the side.
- In a large frying pan sauté the onions in the coconut oil & butter over medium heat (have an extra frying pan and a colander readily available).
- Brown the chicken in onions, follow closely with garlic and ginger.
- Add almond butter mix and carrots, stirring frequently.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and toss in zucchini and shrimp, which will take from 5 to 10 minutes. Shrimp will turn pink and start to curl and zucchini Al dente.
- In second pan, cook egg omelette style, remove from pan and keep pan ready with colander.
- Strain the zucchini over the second pan.
- Add tomatoes & basil to the liquid and reduce over high heat.
- Slice up the egg and mix with the zucchini and reduced liquid.
- Garnish with almonds and a lime wedge.
- Season with salt and pepper.