Here is another excellent recipe from PaleoOMG that my wife made and they were excellent. We didn’t change anything in the recipe, just the name since it works great as a breakfast biscuit.
Preheat oven to 415°C
- 1 Sweet Potato, large
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 8 strips of Bacon, sliced & cooked
- Rendered Fat, from bacon
- 4 tbsp Chives, chopped
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- Polk holes in the sweet potato and bake until soft, approximately 40 minutes.
- Brown bacon until crispy, separate bacon from rendered fat and save both.
- Change temperature to 375°C.
- Mix dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and sea salt and pepper.
- Peel the sweet potato and mash with a fork.
- Mix eggs with the sweet potato, then mix in the bacon fat.
- Mix in bacon and chives.
- Spoon 12 equal portions of mixture on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes.
- Let rest.
- Top with some melted grass-fed butter.
If you don’t use bacon/bacon fat, add ¼ cup of coconut oil, melted.