This is a sweet & spicy barbecue sauce that does well with most barbecued meats, including some fish. However if you are using this for my 2-2-1 Smoked Baby Back Ribs, I suggest that you leave the smoked chipotles out, since the dry rub on the ribs are already spicy enough.
Batch: 1.5 c
- 2 tsp Hazelnut Oil
- ¼ c Onion, minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ¼ c Caveman Ketchup
- ¼ c Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 c Blueberries
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp Smoked Chipotle in Adobo sauce (the spicy part)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion over moderate heat, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the ketchup, vinegar, syrup, smoked chipotle (optional) and mustard.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the blueberries and simmer over low heat, stirring until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Mash with a potato masher, then season with salt and pepper.
Serve at room temperature.