Yes, this is a dish that is totally plagiarized from Nom Nom Paleo. But I love hot food and why re-invent the wheel when someone has already created a healthy Paleo version. So here is my Paleo Sriracha with a few minor tweaks!
Batch: 1 cup
- 1 lb Red Finge Chili Peppers, fresh
- ½ head Garlic, peeled & smashed
- ¼ c Apple Cider
- 1½ tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1½ tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce (look for the Paleo-friendly Red Boat fish sauce)
- ¾ tsp Sea Salt
- Remove stems from peppers (I add the seeds for the heat).
- In a blender or food processor add chili and garlic, then purée as fine as possible.
- Slowly incorporate cider while continuing to purée.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse one last time.
- Transfer to a pot, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover.
- Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The sauce will change to a darker red.
- Remove from heat, cool and refrigerate.
Very easy and it should last you about a week.