My good friend Linc has been harassing me for a good recipe with butternut squash. However in our house Tai-Tai doesn’t like using it as a mash, instead it is mainly used as the pasta in our Primal Lasagna or our Butternut Soup. However, I thought I could find him a good appetizer that could be a major player and not take the back seat to other ingredients. So here you go Linc, I expect a comment on this one!
Preheat Oven: to 350 degrees F
Batch: 24 (approx.)
- 1/2 Small Butternut Squash
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Chipotle Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary
- Peel, remove seeds and cut squash into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix spices in coconut oil.
- Toss cubes in spices.
- Cut bacon strips in half and wrap around cubes, keeping in place with toothpicks.
- Bake on sheet for 20 minutes, flip skewers, cook for 20 minutes more.
You can cut the bacon into thirds if it will still wrap around the squash.