This basic mayonnaise is also used as a base for other sauces. You can easily add herbs and/or other flavours to compliment your dishes.
Serving: 500 ml
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 tsp Grain Mustard
- 2 c Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Whisk together yolks and mustard in a stainless steel bowl.
- Slowly drizzle oil into the yolks while continuously whisking.
- Once oil is incorporated, whisk in Vinegar.
- Whisk in half the juice of a lemon, adjust amount for taste.
- Finish with salt & pepper.
Restaurant trick: If your emulsification separates while binding the oil to the yolks, start with a new yolk and slowly whisk in the old mixture.
- Paleo Mayonnaise (with cooked egg yolk!) (fastpaleo.com)
- Sweet Potato Skins and Homemade Aioli (ditchthewheat.com)
- Classic Easy Mayonnaise and Avocado Dressing (carmeneatjoy.com)