This is my staple vinaigrette in the house, very few ingredients and simple to make. All you need is some sort of device to puree it – I use an emersion blender. Ever since my kids first helped to make this one, its been a hit with them. Best of all, no sugar needed.
Serving: 0.5 L
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 small Red Onion, diced
- 12 Basil Leaves, fresh
- 1/8 tsp Thyme, dried
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash & remove the stems from strawberries.
- In a measuring cup combine the vinegar and oil.
- Place strawberries & red onion in a blender, food processor or container if your using an immersion blender and puree.
- While pureeing the strawberries, slowly incorporate the vinegar-oil mixture into the puree.
- Add fresh and dried herbs.
- Finish with salt & pepper to taste.
You can easily substitute various ingredients such as the basil for other herbs, lemon juice for the balsamic or even add a little lemon zest.