Makes: 6-8 Tomatoes
- 6-8 Vine Ripened Tomatoes (or 1 pt Grape or 12 plum Tomatoes)
- 2 oz Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 oz Wildflower Honey
- 1 tsp Fleur De Sel (or Sea Salt)
- In a small pot combine over medium-low heat the honey & vinegar, reducing till it coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and dip the tomatoes into the balsamic reduction, in batches.
- Continue to re-dip the batches until all the reduction is used up.
- Finish with a couple of specks of ‘Fleur De Sel’ per tomato.
This is an excellent appetizer that has the depth of balsamic, sweetness of the honey, and savoury of the tomato.